Innovative Solutions for Offshore Exploration and Production
- Ice environments
- Complex environments
- Surveys, analysis
- Environmental Assessments programs and Impact studies
- Numerical modeling
- Remote sensing
- Equipment leasing
- Metocean design criteria meeting ISO 19901
ASL provides a full range of metocean consulting services, from project design and planning, through instrument and equipment deployment and recovery, to data analysis and scientific interpretation.
Consulting services include ice studies, flow measurement, numerical modeling, wave measurement and analysis, hyperspectral remote sensing, and sediment transport.
ASL has participated in numerous environmental studies and impact assessments, often as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
ASL MeetsToday's ChallengesASL has carried out over 900 projects in the last 30 plus years, often under demanding environmental conditions in the Arctic, Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
Extensive experience in the Beaufort, Chukchi, Caspian, Greenland and Pechora Seas and Eastern Canada and Sakhalin areas.
- Ice thickness using the Ice Profiler ™
- Ice speed — ADCPs, Ice Profilers™, Numerical modeling
- Oil spills — ADCPs Ice Profilers™, Remote Sensing, Numerical modeling
- Currents/waves — ADCPs, Wave Profiler™, modeling
- Climate change and variability — analysis of historical records
- Monitoring — real-time networks
Deep/Ultradeep (for pipelines, subsea production, risers, & floating platforms)
Deepwater experience in the Atlantic Ocean, & the Mediterranean & Beaufort Seas.
- Near surface
- Near bottom
Complex Environments (near-shore)
ASL has conducted many environmental assessment programs and impact studies. Collection, analysis and interpretation of physical oceanographic, meteorological and geo-environmental data is made and a historical review of past data collected.
- Waves (numerical modeling)
- WERA — shore-based HF radar for currents and waves
- Bathymetry — Remote Sensing
ASL acquires and custom-prepare all required instrumentation, along with ancillary equipment. We also assume responsibility for deployment-planning in support of field-operations, and for providing support services for the preparation of the oceanographic equipment used.