Technical paper: Design and Development of a Greenland Ice and Metocean Geoportal (ATC 2015)
A web-based marine geoportal from which your ice, meteorological, oceanographic, and seabed data can be integrated and accessed.
The geoportal is a collaborative tool that allows multiple users to interact with the system.
Web based marine geo-portal data can include:
- sea ice
- oceanography: currents, waves, water quality, etc
- meteorology: winds, air temperature, humidity, visibility, etc
- seabed: bathymetry, ice scouring, sediment
Sophisticated and intuitive search engine for simple to complex queries including geo-spatial, temporal, and other criteria.
Interactive map and text summaries of results allowing you to readily explore data and metadata.
Built in tools for statistical analysis of user selected data sets.
Download any data in GIS compatible format.
Secure:Track data as it moves through data management process:
User login/logout Customizable dataset permissions
Save search criteria and results for future use
Automatically restores last session
Search results automatically and immediately displayed as user defines search query
- Standardization of received data and metadata.
- Database integration
Quality control throughout
- decades of experience carrying out oceanographic, ice and meteorological projects
- cutting-edge software engineering team
- familiarity with the end user - scientists, engineers and operational planners